Linux/Unix Acronyms...Answered by self!!!

The first time you run emacs it creates a file called
".emacs" in your home directory.  This file initializes
emacs with your preferences, modifications, additions, etc.
when emacs starts up.

The language is elisp, a flavor of lisp for extending emacs,
named from "emacs lisp".

You just have to paste the code from the email msg into your
.emacs file, to set your defaults to your desired values.

Here's a short incomplete explantion of Lisp.

'defun' defines functions.

'setq' sets variable values.

Lisp works with Polish Notation, aka Prefix Notation,
opposite of HP calculators' "Reverse Polish Notation".

Consider three ways of specifying addition in English.

[1]  Prefix Notation:  Add the following numbers.  In Lisp (
+ number_1, number_2, ... number_n)

[2] Infix Notation:  A plus B in English is equivalent to
lisp (+ A B).

[3] Suffix Notation: The numbers A and B, the Summation of;
= Lisp (+ A B) = HP Calculator A Enter, B, +.

-