Linux/Unix Acronyms...Answered by self!!!

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Charles C. Bennett, Jr. wrote:
>There are some excellent resources for getting to know what's up with
>this emacs thing:
[snip]
>     As was mentioned, you can fire up GNU Info on most Linux boxes
>      and read yourself mad.
>
>     To customize behavior, most 20.x Emacsen come configured with
>      an option customizer under the help menu.  Happy Navigating!
>
>     If you have RedHat there's a FAQ in /usr/doc/emacs<version>.
>     There's a pile of stuff in /usr/share/emacs/<version>/etc
>      that's at least entertaining.  Your distro maker may have dropped
>      it into someplace else.
>
>     The FSF GNU Emacs Manual:
>      ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/Manuals/emacs/index.html
>     The FSF GNU Emacs Lisp Intro
>      ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/Manuals/emacs-lisp-intro/index.html
>     The FSF GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual
>      ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/Manuals/elisp/index.html
>     ORA has "Learning GNU Emacs" (gnu-book) and "Writing GNU Emacs
>      Extensions" (giraffe-book), both very well done.  The giraffe
>      book concludes with the development of "crossword-puzzle-mode".
[snip]

Also, the comp.emacs Usenet newsgroup -- there are experts there who
know the ins and outs: from configuration, emacs vs. xemacs, source
code, etc.. Level of discussion tends to be mature; volume isn't
very high, but questions are generally answered quickly (my first
post there was answered by a guy from Germany about 10 minutes
after I posted! :).

-