Anything but Intel

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Anthony J. Gabrielson wrote:

> 	Just out of curiousity who runs Linux on anything other than an
> Intel.  I know a few on the list who run it on other platforms, but just
> how many others do is my question.

   At work we run two Enorex UltraPCs, which are PC164 based systems with
500MHz Alphas.  One of them is the branch mail, name, and file server, and
the other is a research machine.  They both run well, but suffer from the
glaring oversights in RH5.2. (Unaligned trap errors, etc)
   A friend of mine runs an AlphaStation (4/233?) as a server in his
office and a 166MHz Multia as a firewall at home.
   Personally I'm planning on grabbing one of those Alpha boards I keep
seeing at the KGP shows. So what if I already have too many toys?

Matthew J. Brodeur, mbrodeur at NextTime.com
Hostmaster, Webmaster for NextTime.com, NextTime.org
http://www.NextTime.com

-