Dual boot system

Hello;

    I finally gave up on trying to set up SuSE 6.3 for a dual boot
system. Although my original clean install of 6.3 worked flawlessly on a
K6 system except for the video card which failed with both LINUX and NT
(same problem with several cards suggests a problem with the AGP port
itself), all of my recent efforts at installing a dual boot system on a
dual Pentium system using multiple partitions on a SCSI and IDE drive
combination have led to much wasted time.
    Plus I now face the possibly of corrupted boot disks for both NT and
SuSE as neither even boots up for a clean install: SuSE hangs during the
uncompress/install step in YAST 1 or 2 (with and without the boot disk)
and NT has similar problems now with the boot disk (probably an NT
modification of the boot disk since I forgot to write protect the disk
before attempting the install). I am now unable to get either hard drive
to install either of the two OSes. Makes me wonder if NT has done
something to my drives despite multiple efforts to get SuSE to
repartition the drives. Please note that DOS 6.X installs without any
problems but I have not yet tried Windows 3.1.
    I have instead started trying to get the Mandrake 7 system to boot
up on my dual Pentium boxes with fresh 9G UW-SCSI drives and seem to be
having somewhat better luck at this (a server install in progress on one
machine and nearly complete as I write). Has anyone successfully created
a dual boot system with Mandrake 7? I'd like to boot up NT and LINUX
using LILO on the workstation mentioned above using the SCSI drive for
BOOT and SWAP partitions and the IDE for ROOT.
    I'd really like to have a dual boot system rather than setting up
separate boxes.

Thanks!

-