Dual boot system

Let's see... lots of targets here.

You wouldn't be using an AGP card with a Trident chipset, would you?

You don't provide enough specific information to address the dual boot
issue.  You mention that you have both IDE and SCSI, which can get
complicated.  Basically, both NT and Linux are going to have to use the
BIOS to load their initial code -- there is no other way -- and you will
need to locate all of that initial boot stuff in places accessible to the
BIOS.  This means that you need to make sure that all of the pieces which
will be loaded by BIOS are within the first 1024 cylinders.  Even if your
BIOS supports LBA for the IDE drive, it probaby will not work for SCSI.

It is a good bet that you are running into a 1024-cylinder issue when DOS
works but neither NT nor Linux will.  This is because DOS locates all of
its critical information at the beginning of a partition.  NT and Linux,
which use more sophisticated Berkeley-style filesystems, put their most
critical information (the root directory) in the middle of the partition
for the sake of efficiency.

You also do not specify what the failure mode is.  For example, often Lilo
will fail during boot by saying only "LI" or something like that.  This is
an important clue as to what is going wrong, since Lilo uses the posting
of the letters of its name as checkpoint signals about the boot progrss.

-- Mike

-