Geek Pride Day

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, David Kramer wrote:

> I tend to agree with Jerry that there will not be more than a few, if any,
> people lugging computers to the castle for an installfest.  If we want to
> have a presence to offer advice and moral support, that's another thing.

Well, I, for one, will be lugging around a laptop that my current work
assignment has given me.  I recently noticed a 500MB partition that wasn't
being used, and decided to give FreeBSD a whirl (it's so weird not having
an inittab!).  Anyway, I could use two things that are installfest
related.  First, I would like to see if I can get anyone to press me a
FreeBSD 4.0 cd.  (I'll reimburse CD-R's, blue verbatims IIRC.)  Second,
I'd like it if anyone more familiar with FreeBSD than myself would be kind
enough to walk me through an installation where we pare down the system to
what I want (ran out of space the first time, which isn't hard with
500MB).

I'll likely be there in the beginning to middle afternoon.  If someone
would be nice enough to help me, please let me know so that I can
coordinate my schedule with you!

Thanks,
--Mark Donnelly

-