MS Office for Linux?

> I can't belive the government can force a software company to
> deliver a product to a "random" platform.

I have trouble believing it, as well ... I'm not a lawyer, but this kind of
remedy just doesn't pass my smell test.

I *could* believe that MS would be forced to provide complete documentation
of its office products' file formats, so that someone could read this
documentation and then provide a filter that converts Office documents to
another format (e.g., Sun's StarOffice).  This would have even more of a
monopoly-diluting effect than forcing MS to port Office to Linux.

Besides, if they did port Office to Linux, it would probably crash twice as
often as the Windows version, and MS tech support would blame Linux for the
crashes.

--seth