Problems running Red Hat Linux 6.1 and 6.2

One possibility, if it is something to do with the hard
drive: I just upgraded from 6.0 to 6.2 also.

I noticed at the LILO config screen, it had the option
marked as default to read the hard drive in linear mode,
and it said that this mode was mostly used for SCSI drives.

Even though I'm IDE all the way. I don't remember it trying
to misread my hard drive like this on previous
installlations.

--KenG

--- Mike Bilow <mikebw at colossus.bilow.com> wrote:

> 2. Your kernel is trying to operate the hard drive in
> some mode it does
> not correctly support.  As a test (you really don't want
> to run this way),
> you can try starting the interface in slow mode.  For
> example, to slow
> /dev/hda, you would use "hda=slow" at the Linux boot
> prompt.  You can also
> try changing things in your CMOS setup, disabling DMA
> mode and using PIO
> mode instead, and then dropping to a low PIO mode (such
> as 0).  If these
> kinds of changes fix your problems, you have some sort of
> hardware issue,
> possibly a bad IDE cable.
>
> -- Mike
>

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Ming Chow wrote:
> > I tried reinstalling a new Red Hat Linux 6.1 system,
> installing a Red Hat
> > 6.2 system and I still got the same problem when trying
> to boot up Linux.  I
> > reinstalled Red Hat Linux 6.0 and it worked fine for
> some reason.  How come
> > I can't use Red Hat 6.1 - 6.2?  Is there something
> wrong with my hard drive
> > or memory?  Any information would be grealt
> appreciated.  Thanks!

=====
Ken Gosier
ken_gosier at yahoo.com