Laptop Linux Question

Hello all,

    A week ago I installed RedHat 6.2 on my laptop (an AMS Tech AMD K6)
.The only trouble I've had is with
getting the 3Com 574B card to work.  The log says that the card is
recognized and but I get an error with
insmod  ds.o. I have 2 questions :

                i) what is ds.o (it seems to load the 3c574_cs.o module)

               ii) If I want to build a version for my laptop on my PII
system, where do I configure the pcmcia card stuff?
                    I didn't see anything in the xconfig setup that
configured pcmcia cards and stuff! What am I missing?

Thanks for you help...

Rich.

-