Mailing List Hosts?

I am attempting  to set up a mailing list for W. Schelter's Maxima.
This is "DOE-Macsyma" from MIT,  plus many years of maintainance by
Dr. Schelter   --  http://www.ma.utexas.edu/users/wfs/maxima.html
The url above includes a link to a scanned letter
from DOE which clears up some long-standing legal confusion; the code
is now GPL.

Maxima, despite it's age, is still arguably the best of the CAS systems,
and certainly in the same class as Maple or Mathematica.
Use of Maxima as a teaching tool seems to be growing; see, for instance,
http://noir.ovpit.indiana.edu/gustav/P573/   or
http://www.mcs.kent.edu/system/documentation/maxima/

I've never tried to set up a mailing list before.  I looked at Sourceforge
and that's the default option.  Any other possibilities?

					  Thanks,
						Steve

-