thoughts on esr

I think the culture issue needs to be addressed. Corporations by their
very nature are adverse to the OpenSource culture, not the concept. A
corporation is generally a suit culture. I think that the OpenSource
movement will continue to grow and prosper, but I don't see it replacing
Microsoft. Microsoft may very well falter and may be supplanted by
another company. Bill Gates and his family will not end up in the poor
house just as John D. Rockefella's family was able to maintain their
wealth.
On 20 Apr 2000, at 12:31, Timothy Hobbs wrote:

> So with some of the erp/accounting software ported to
> linux, linux may be installed more often but the open
> source culture is not extended.  Which one is more
> important?  ;)
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group