what unix, linux c/c++ to buy

Debian potato is currently on 8 CDs: 4 binary and 4 source.  I'm not sure
what SuSE manages to find to fit on 6 unless they also include source.

Note that xemacs is available in many separate flavors from Debian:

Package: xemacs20-bin
Package: xemacs20-mule
Package: xemacs20-mule-canna-wnn
Package: xemacs20-nomule
Package: xemacs20-support
Package: xemacs20-supportel

Package: xemacs21
Package: xemacs21-basesupport
Package: xemacs21-bin
Package: xemacs21-mule
Package: xemacs21-mule-canna-wnn
Package: xemacs21-mulesupport
Package: xemacs21-nomule
Package: xemacs21-support
Package: xemacs21-supportel

The "mule" version can display East Asian language characters.  The
"mule-canna-wnn" version displays and allows entry of East Asian
characters.  The "nomule" version is just for European languages.
Selecting the "xemacs21" package will ripple through the hierarchy of
dependencies and make dselect prompt you for the proper choices.

You can see the daily builds of the Debian potato CD images each morning:

	http://debian.bilow.com/potato-iso-US/

(Something went wrong with this morning's CD build; I'm fixing it now.
The first CD image is not supposed to be 34 KB.)

-- Mike

-