parallel network card

Hi mike, thanks for the advice.
	I did it (2.3.99-pre6) and it looks like the new  kernel sees it, but
I'm not able to make it to work.
Do you have any idea how to let the system to see the device into an
entry point?

In detail:
1) I use SuSE 6.4 (it is a GREAT distribution, and I start liking it
better than RH).
2) it sees the USB: 2 ports and it queries the device: it sees the
NETGEAR EA101 (so it says). That, I think, DOES NOT MEAN it is able to
use it. It means it sees it and that is it!
3) got the driver for the Kawasaki LSIKL5KUSB100 chipset (the one used
in the NETGEAR EA101, see
http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdv.php3?id=88) from
http://drivers.rd.ilan.net
4) this does not compile with vanilla suse6.4, so I had to download,
compile and install the new kernel 2.3.99-pre6
5) now the module compiles. I boot the new kernel, I install it (insmod)
and it looks like it is able to detect and talk to the HUB
6) well, now I have the module, but how do I attach it to eth0? I
changed the /etc/modules.conf with an extra
alias eth0 kaweth
but that does not help..

Any idea? Anybody???

Thanks

Max

--
  Massimo Morin                                _...__..-'
mmorin at schedsys.com                          .'
 (617) 484 2999 h                          .'
 (617) 512 0203 c                        .'   Airline
                                       .'    Solutions
            .------._                 ;        Today
      `   `;'-.-'         '-    ._     Scheduling Systems Inc.
        .--'``  '._      - '   .       Three University Office Park
         `""'-.    `---'    ,          95 Sawyer Road
 ''--..__      `\                      Waltham, 02453 Massachusetts USA
         ``''---'`\      .'            +1 (781) 893-0390 x 126
                   `'. '               http://www.schedsys.com
Software Engineer    `'.
-