Bombing of Dresden (was Plea for help: The detriment of using Microsoft products)

On 2000-05-17 at 15:10 -0400, Jeffry Smith wrote:

> On Wed, 17 May 2000, Mike Bilow wrote:
* * *
> > So why not just run Debian in the first place? :)
>
> When Potato comes out (i.e. soon).  I started with Red Hat, & it
> met my needs for a long time, so I kept running it. Now, it's running
> out of steam, so I'll move on.

Actually, we've had important machines running on potato since November
without serious problems.  Most of the showstoppers have related to the
non-i386 builds, I think, which we do not use.  The first potato test
cycle has been going really badly, with delays affecting the boot floppies
and the CD image making, but I am confident that the next test cycle will
go much better and that the release is a matter of weeks now.

If you are interested, we maintain a Debian mirror

	http://debian.bilow.com/debian
	ftp://debian.bilow.com/debian

and autobuild a set of unofficial i386 CD images each morning at 0700 EDT

	http://debian.bilow.com/debian-cdimage
	ftp://debian.bilow.com/debian-cdimage

-- Mike

-