software warranties

Once upon a time, Seth Gordon spake thus:
 you have the right to do that and then return the
:-)software (within a reasonably short time frame, and of course after
:-)erasing the program from your hard drive) for a refund.  Software
:-)retailers and publishers will of course say that once you break the
:-)seal on the program, you're stuck with it,
--Hi it's me again. MicroCenter will take back any software for store credit or
cash refund. I've never had a problem with them, but it's true that most
retailers won't.

David P. Greenberg
Bitco Electronics
"In Service to the Recording Industry"