[BLU] Re: 3 Questions

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Stephanie Springer wrote:

> On Fri, 19 May 2000, Alex Darke wrote:
>
> > At 10:56 AM 5/19/00 -0400, you wrote:
> > >I've done it by highlighting the URL whereever it is, then center
> > >mouse clicking in the Netscape location bar (XDND?).  Never had
> > >problems with it.
> >
> > Doesn't work in KDE. I was kind of annoyed to discover that the one time I
> > loaded up KDE. I got so used to my highlight and middle click cut and
> > pastes, that to have them vanish in KDE was highly annoying.
>
> Hmm... I use KDE, and this works for me.  Highlight, put the cursor
> wherever I want to paste, and middle click... no real "cutting" required.

the problem I've always had with this is if you're already looking at a
website and there is a URL in the URL field, there's no way to paste the
new URL so it will replace the old one.  So you have to highlight the URL
in the browser, wipe it out, go back to where the new URL is, highlight
it, go back to the browser, then click to paste into the broowser's URL
field.