FreeBSD and networking

Hi,

I an trying to get my USB to Ethernet adaptor to work on FreeBSD v4.0. The
specific adaptor at a linksys, and is specificly listed in the kernel config
file using the aue device. When i do a 'netstat -r'  go get the route
statement, it seems to return all the correct info. It takes a few minutes
for the table to get returned, which seems strange. But when i try to ping my
gateway i get nothing.

There seems to be some sort of connection because 'netstat -r' was able to
return the Ethernet address of the Ethernet card on my gateway, which it had to
find only through some connection. But i can't ping. I'm kind of new to BSD,
mind you, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
--Brad

-