MCLX Opensources Clustering Technology

For those who may not have heard elsewhere (like linuxtoday, linuxpr,
or lwn.net), Mission Critical Linux just open-sourced our clustering
technology.  From the linux-ha list posting Tim Burke of MCLX made:
-------------------------------
Just wanted to give you all a heads up that Monday morning we here at
Mission Critical Linux will be GPL-ing our cluster software called
Kimberlite.  This is a complete high availability failover
infrastructure.   Check it out at http://oss.missioncriticallinux.com.

Some of the key attributes of the implementation:
- Provides high data integrity guarantees, insuring that a service is
only running on a single cluster member at any time.
- Uses commodity hardware.
- Implemented primarily as user space daemons
- Distribution independent
- Extensive end user documentation and design specification
- Shared storage architecture (i.e. SCSI or FibreChannel)
- Quorum based membership algorithm
- I/O fencing by way of remote control power modules (known
affectionately
  in this forum as STONITH)
- Targeted at supporting applications such as databases, NFS services,
etc.

We are really psyched to have gotten approval to open up the project
the open source community.  The code provided here is fully
operational.  Please check it out, and we look forward to your
participation.

Jeffry Smith      Technical Sales Consultant     Mission Critical Linux
smith at missioncriticallinux.com   phone:603.930.9379   fax:978.446.9470