Help with C Header files among *NIX variants

This is not exactly what you are asking for, but all of the header files
except for ip.h and icmp.h should be in the same place. The issue is not
so much where the header files are, but what structures or prototypes
you need from them. Most of the other header files are required by either
the ISO C, POSIX, or XOPEN(UNix95,98)  standards. Most commercial
platforms make their public header files self referential, so unless the
code is a real Linux specific hack, it should port cleanly. Last year, I
ported several com programs from Solaris to both Debian on Intel and
Red Hat on Alpha. I found there was very little need for platform
specificity.

On 29 Jun 2000, at 7:49, Scott Ehrlich wrote:

> A coworker wrote a C program to perform port scans and system uptimes to
> ensure systems are up and running.
>
> He wrote the program using Slackware Linux.   I may want to port some of
> the header stuff over to IRIX, SunOS 4.1.x, and Solaris.
>
> Below are the header files.  What paths in the respective UNIX variants
> would need to be modified?  I hope not much more would need to be done.
>
> #include <string.h>
> #include <unistd.h>
> #include <stdlib.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <sys/socket.h>
> #include <netinet/in.h>
> #include <arpa/inet.h>
> #include <netdb.h>
> #include <sys/time.h>
> #include <sys/types.h>
> #include <stdarg.h>
> #include <fcntl.h>
> #include <linux/ip.h>
> #include <linux/icmp.h>
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Scott
>
> -

Jerry Feldman
Contractor, eInfrastructure Partner Engineering
508-467-4315 http://www.testdrive.compaq.com/linux/

Compaq Computer Corp.
200 Forest Street MRO1-3/F1
Marlboro, Ma. 01752