Linux ACLs or a better idea?

   Here's the simple question:  Has anyone worked with the POSIX ACL for
Linux implementation from http://acl.bestbits.at/ ?  Is it worthy of a
production machine, or is there a better (easier, more reliable) way to do
what I want to do?

   What I want to do:  This problem seems pretty basic, but I can't think
of a solution built in to Linux as is.
   I have a system running Apache and providing some services to several
users.  Everything Apache does is owned by a user wwwadm and a group
wwwadm, except for the personal web dirs which are owned by
{user}.wwwadm.  Anyone who has change access to web stuff other than their
own is a member of wwwadm, thus allowing the trusted webmasters to add,
remove, and modify any of the web pages, including user's personal
stuff. (it's the policy I've decided on for now)
   The problem is that now I have a virtual domain with two people (maybe
more in the future) who both need to be able to update it.  Neither is a
member of wwwadm, or root.  How can I set up permissions so that they can
both work on their pages, and the main webmasters can still exercise the
necessary control?
   To me this sounds like a case for Access Control Lists, but that
project is still well into the beta stages.  In fact any package that
doesn't have the confidence for a >1 version number spooks me, especially
file system stuff on a server.  Is there another way to accomplish this
task that I've missed?

Matthew J. Brodeur, mbrodeur at NextTime.com
Hostmaster for NextTime.com
http://www.NextTime.com

What does education often do?  It makes a straight cut ditch of a
free meandering brook.
		-- Henry David Thoreau

-