Sony VAIO Laptops

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Bryan Strawser wrote:

> Anyone on the list using a Sony VAIO laptop with any variant of linux?  I
> am seriously looking at purchasing one shortly..

I've got the tiny one, the C1X, and it works beautifully. The screen is
1024x480, and it's barely two pounds. I believe the current model is a
P400, with a 12gb hard drive; when I bought mine, over a year ago, it was
a P266 with a 4gb drive.

The original battery doesn't last long, though; barely an hour. A week
after I got the laptop, I replaced the battery with what Sony called the
"6-hour" battery, which actually lasts me 2 hours.

I find I can carry it around all day without noticing the weight; this is
the first laptop I've owned that wasn't a pain to carry for more than 20
minutes at a time. I also made the pleasant discovery that the width of
the display is the biggest determining factor in usability, and that the
smaller height wasn't really a problem.

Email: jabr at blu.org / URL: http://www.blu.org
ICQ#28611923 / AIM abreauj