[BLU] Remote console options?

FYI;

    I'm not suggesting that this is the immediate solution although it is an
interesting if somewhat expensive Linux thin-client option (at about $500 per
station installed). But the idea of a fast terminal option that can run outside
of Ethernet but still over long distances of Cat5 cabling offers an interesting
development option for the question at hand: how do you maintain a secure and
stable service connection to remote locations? In the meantime, other options do
apparently exist, and perhaps hardwiring a dedicated modem or serial connection
between locations and then using a secure terminal session would be one of them.

    I'd be interested in hearing if it is possible to configure an existing
modem (or other serial port connection) to reboot a system for a terminal
session of if there are other requirements to securely create such an option. I
will soon have need to be able to remotely access some of my units over POTS.

-