www.wiredx.net

  DM> Today, Frank Ramsay gleaned this insight:
  >> On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Kevin Falcone wrote:
  >> > provides a number of viewers, including a java applet viewer.  Oh, and
  >> > the source is available for download.
  >>
  >> I am aware of VNC, but this is a very different type of product.  VNC
  >> is a sort of universal "PC anywhere", WiredX.net is a XServer (like
  >> hummingbird) for your web browser.  It doesn't sound like a big
  >> difference, but think about it this

  DM> Point being (IIRC) that the java applet runs in a browser, so
  DM> all the same applies to it.

No, his point was that wiredx is an xserver, it allows you to connect
to different accounts on the unix box.  VNC just lets you connect as
the person who started the vncserver.  Admittedly, it is a different X
desktop, but you can't log in as a different person.

-kevin

--
Kevin Falcone <kevinfal at seas.upenn.edu>

"De gustibus non est disputandum."