Bandwidth measure

[Jerry Feldman: Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 09:18:10AM -0400]
> I want to measure the bandwidth between 2 computers on my internal network.
> There are a lot of tools that give network stats, but I would like one that
> generates traffic so it can accurately measure traffic on a LAN over a hub
> or switch.

you can use netperf, which just blasts traffic and benchmarks it:
www.netperf.org

or, a little more elegantly but a little less accurate, you can use
pathchar, which tries to estimate the bandwidth, latency, and loss
between any two points.. pchar is much preferable between two points
that share links with other users ;)

http://www.employees.org/~bmah/Software/pchar/
-