Procmail and mh question

 > From: Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
 > Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 07:26:14 -0400
 >
 > In my .procmailrc, for each entry I am locking a lockfile. Since I use MH,
 > I was wondering if the lock is necessary since rcvstore should do it. Here
 > is an example of my filter
 > 	:0 w: BLU/incoming/$LOCKEXT
 > 	* ^TO_discuss at blu.org
 > 	| ${RCVSTORE} +BLU/incoming
 >
 > Just curious.
 > --
 > Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
 > Boston Linux and Unix user group
 > http://www.blu.org

With this recipe, the lock file would be BLU/incoming/.lock, which is not
terribly useful (i.e., you're locking the entire directory).  I don't use
mh, but I assume that rcvstore puts the message into a unique file in the
directory specified.  If so, I would say that the locking was indeed
redundant.

--
Robert Brown                |           http://www.Links2Go.com
Programmer/Sys Admin        |  800 West Cummings Park, Ste 2900

-