[BLU] Broadband....

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Anthony J. Gabrielson wrote:

> Well first I tried to order DSL last year around this time.  Six months
> later I found out - it wasn't available in my area.  Cable, they have been
> promising it for two and half years.  I put in my order today to be
> installed on the tenth of next month - maybe my wait is over....
>
> now to order that new linksys cable router.  Who needs to use a computer.
> Ports will be forwarded to linux.

There are three reasons I know of.

1) If you are interested in seeing reports of what is being denied

2) You can get updates to protect against new threats and new protocols
(for gaming or whatever)

3) As a learning experience (my main reason)

That being said, those reasons are not important to everyone.  My
officemate has one of those Linksys cable routers for his cablemodem and
loves it.