Caldera

>From day1, Caldera's intent was to be the "business linux". SCO was a
major player in desktop Unix systems because of their worldwide support
organization. I would suspect that this will give SCO more credibility in
the GNU/Linux side of the fence, and give Caldera more exposure in the
corporate marketplace where SCO is already a player. I think it's a very
good thing for Linux from 2 standpoints. One, I think that it marks the
end of SCO's crappy versions of Unix and the second is that those may
be replaced by Caldera's Linux. Eventhough my personal dstro
preference puts Caldera down a few notches (I prefer SuSE, Red Hat,
Mandrake and Debian in that order) it adds strength to Linux.

(BTW: I intentionally am posting this twice. Once with BLU.ORG the
other with the IP address). I think that some of the DNS servers are now
starting to catch up).

--
Jerry Feldman
Contractor, eInfrastructure Partner Engineering

Compaq Computer Corp.
200 Forest Street MRO1-3/F1
Marlboro, Ma. 01752
-