[BLU] Re: Need help with ppp

Jerry Feldman wrote:

> David,
> I am assuming that you are still using SuSE.
> Have you tried wvdial? When I was preparing my talk for the IBM Share
> convention, I used WVdial and it worked the first time.  You can set it up
> through YaST. I have a couple of screen shots from my presentation on the
> blu web page, but they are hard to read. I was connecting to thge World,
> not Mediaone. The M1 dialin is pretty standard. I did that last summer from
> Tennessee.

No, I'm using Red Hat 6.2 on this box.  I gave up on SuSE when I could
not get it working with the DHCP with my cablemodem (despite your
plentiful help), or get it to use my partitioning scheme instead of the
one it insisted on.

It looks like the problem is in the pppd options, since the chat script
works flawlessly.
-