OpenSSH, SFTP, and NT

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Karl J. Runge wrote:

> Not directly related to your question, but what sorts of things are you
> trying to protect against? (this might help define the typical usage
> scenarios).

A lot of our people regularly ftp files between the two coasts, and
there's some concern about the traffic being passed in clear text. This
applies to telnet as well, of course.

Additionally, there's concern about the ftp and telnet daemons being
vulnerable to script kiddies. If I can get a workable solution based on
ssh, we should be able to shut off ftp and telnet entirely.

ICQ#28611923 / AIM abreauj / Email jabr at blu.org

-