php from command line?

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, David Kramer wrote:

> I'm getting into some fun php programming for the next version of my
> website, and for a project I'm playing with on the side.  I was
> wondering, though, if anyone knew a way to call php programs from the
> command line.  Is it possible?

As long as you've built and installed a "cgi-version" of PHP (in addition
to an apache module), surely. Works like perl:

# php myscript.php

Or even:

#!/path/to/php

<script here>

If you don't plan on running it from a webserver.

Use "php -h" to see the options.

Good luck!

Niall Kavanagh, niall at kst.com
News, articles, and resources for web professionals and developers:
http://www.kst.com
WARNING: I have switched from cigarettes to nicorette. I am cranky.

-