(FWD)linux, cable modem, and RCN

Funny, all I had to do was start netconf go to basic host info
and set eth0 to dhcp and restart networking.  Everything
worked perfectly (any version of Redhat 6.x).  You don't have
to worry about your MAC address, because RCN uses the some information
that is in the cable modem itself, not the info on your specific card.
(at least that's the way mine is)