Outlook's dainbramaged default settings

Here at work, where the email server runs MS Exchange and MS Outlook
is the Officially Supported Mail User Agent, mail gets sent to the
outside world in HTML (more precisely, as a MIME multpart/alternative
message where one part is HTML and the other is plain text) *even if*
the sender specified plain text.  I assume this has something to do
with the way Exchange is configured (this problem only started after
we switched to a new mail server), but complaints from me and a
co-worker have done nothing to change the situation.

The sad thing is, I work for *Lucent Technologies*.  The company that
invented Unix)B? has NT servers scattered all over its premises like
mushrooms.  Oh, the indignity of it all....

--
"The big dig might come in handy ... for a few project managers
 whom I think would make great landfill."  --Elaine Ashton

-