Verizon DSL?

Hmm.  I'm kind of a Linux newbie, so I'm not sure if this helps, but I would
think you should be able to put together a startup script in your box at
home that looks for the IP address, then uses it to update a file on a
permanent website.  That would effectively provide a static portal into a
machine with a dynamic address.

F'rinstance, suppose you have a web page at http://www.xyz.com/mypage.html
and want to include a link directly onto your home machine.  You could add a
reference to "homebox.html" in "mypage.html".  Then set up the home machine
to create a text file called "homebox.html" on startup, which includes a
little Java script to autoforward to "http:/{dynamic-addr}/index.html".  The
homebox.html page then is automatically sent to xyz.com via FTP.

It's kind of a kludge and someone out there might have a more elegant
solution to the same problem, but it looks to me like it should work. If
not, I'm sure someone will say so.  ;-)

For what it's worth,
John Whitfield