Win 2k and linux

I think that there are a couple opf issues.
First, you should be able to install non-graphically using the non-
graphical installation tools. In SuSE, that is YaST1. Do your install, but
do not configure X. Then go to the SuSE update site and try upgrading
some from there. There are several updates for x components.
You can actually do this directly from YaST.
Additionally, if you purchased SuSE 7.0 as a boxed set, you should be
able to get some support.

Additionally, I understand that Xfree86 4 is lacking some drivers.

On 27 Oct 2000, at 14:52, Jonathan WISCO wrote:

> I tried installing SuSE 7.0 and it still didn't like my laptop.  Didn't even get to the installation window.  You might want to spread the news that Corel, Mandrake and SuSE Linux is incompatible with the Dell Inspiron 5000, 700 MHz speed-step, ATI Mobility Rage P video card.

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org