Plex86

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Mike Whalen wrote:

> >A screenshot of it running Windows on Linux can be seen here:
> >
> >   http://www.plex86.org/plex86runsWin95.gif
>
> Neat stuff. I think it would be a grand thing indeed if I could move
> Quicken over to an emu version of Windows. Then, there would be no reason
> -- for me, anyway -- to continue with Windows.

plex86 doesn't provide windows emulation.  It provides *hardware*
emulation an x86 platform.

If you wanted to use it to run Quicken under Linux, you'd still have
to install Windows -- but running concurrently under plex86.  If you
want to run something like Quicken without installing Windows, you'd
want to look to the WINE project.  Unfortunately, I don't believe that
current versions of Wine allow you to run Quicken (although, given
that it has been some time since I last looked at Wine, that may have
changed).

-- Lars

-