#
# Author: kfr at suse.de
#
# /sbin/init.d/fetchmail
#
# plese edit /root/.fetchmailrc
. /etc/rc.config

case "$1" in
    start)
	echo "Starting fetchmail-daemon"
        /usr/bin/fetchmail -d 180 -a -L /var/log/fetchmail  -f
/root/.fetchmailrc
       ;;
    stop)
       echo -n "Shutting down fetchmail-daemon"
       /usr/bin/fetchmail -quit
       echo
       ;;
    *)
       echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop}"
       exit 1
 esac

exit 0
----------------------------- .fetchmailrc from root
# Configuration created Sun Aug 22 13:05:28 1999 by fetchmailconf
set postmaster "postmaster"
poll pop.ne.mediaone.net with proto POP3 user <myPOPuid> is <MyLinuxUID>
pass <myPassword>

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group