Ultranet is my ISP...and they do not support Linux

> Is there anyone using Ultranet for their dial-up connections that can
> help me update settings to receive my email using RH Linux? I was able
> to send myself and email but unable to receive it (on the sending
> machine) and got absolutely no help from Ultranet.com

We've been using Ultranet with a dialup line for years, first with a Sun system
using PPP demand dialup, and now with a Linux firewall.  But we have a
commercial account, and have a static IP address assignment.

Could you tell me more about your service arrangements, and what trouble you're
having?

P.S.  This service went downhill after RCN took over.  But for commercial
accounts at least, the folks at RCN don't blanch when you mention Linux to
them.

-