No subject

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> writes:
| I think that by claiming copyright, Microsoft can prevent some sites from
| carrying them directly. I think what M$ is trying to do is on one side,
| reduce some bad press by preventing some of the major anti-M$ sites
| from using their own language against them. And secondly they will
| generate a bit more traffic for themselves. Just another way they can try
| to flex their muscles a bit.

Probably correct.  But it may have  a  different  effect  than  their
lawyers  intend.   Copyright only applies to that particular wording,
after all, and not to the information content.  So what Microsoft  is
doing   is   telling  people  that  you  can't  use  Microsoft's  own
description of the problems.  You have to  rewrite  it  in  your  own
words.  This may not be quite what they were thinking of.

In any case, this is probably a SLAPP.  Anyone here not familiar with
that particular acronym?

-