High Availability monitors for UNIX?

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 mjdinsmore at hotmail.com wrote:

> Well, it looks like they were formerly CLAM Associates.  Availant was
> founded in 1989 by three former members of IBM's AIX software development
> organization.  They also go $5.5 million in equity financing from Boston
> Capital Ventures, DRW Venture Partners LP, and Availant's Board of Directors
> in 2000.  I'd try to find out what percentage of that was used for a bridge
> loan, and whant their run rate is...
>
> Business wise, it looks like they do a lot for Compaq.  Maybe they are
> trying to get *NIX so they can maybe start going after the new Dell line of
> RedHat products?

The guy said they have other UNIX products, and worked very heavily oh HA
stuff for IBM on AIX in the past.

I suggested some ways of implementing what they want to do without CORBA,
etc. using plain old sockets/http which would port in less than a day to
almost any flavor of *NIX once it's working on one, and be quicker to
boot.

> My $0.02.

Your input may be work considerably more than that to me.  Thanks.