Adaptec AAA-13x RAID

I thought it worth noting that several modest hardware RAID options for IDE are
available and a more advanced unit is in the works. ABIT makes an inexpensive 2
channel/4 device 0+1 RAID PCI card using the Highpoint controller chipset
(about $40-$50) and they have LINUX drivers plus their Gentus LINUX, Promise
makes a more expensive but otherwise similar PCI card and there is a new unit
coming out with 4 channel/8 device that sounds really hot but I haven't seen it
yet on Pricewatch. Abit and other also have the ATA/100-RAID options built into
some of their boards: I highly recommend the Abit KT7-RAID as a great low cost
option.

-