Adaptec AAA-13x RAID

   I also happen to be of the mind that IDE = BAD.  I have to wonder, do
the IDE RAID cards suck up an IRQ for _EVERY_ channel? I'd much rather
have 15 drives/1 IRQ than 1/1.
   More to the point, I already have the AAA-131SA and 24lbs of
full-height UW-SCSI drives.  Since the system is being dedicated to that
file store, I didn't feel quite SO bad running NT on it.  I did end up
sacrificing a mouse and 32MB more memory than I had planned on using,
though.

   The fate of the Linux drivers for this card is unfortuneate. Is there
any reason Adaptec is so protective of this line?  Were the other drivers
(the AAC series) developed with Adaptec's help, or were they reverse
engineered?

--
     -Matt

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

-