More MediaOne woes

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, John Abreau wrote:

> Sounds like I picked a very bad week to get it installed. Maybe this is an
> inevitable result of all the corporate mergers we've been seeing.

It's entirely possible. I've noticed I'm getting scanned by different
boxen on the Mediaone/AT&T network (they're checking open ports and even
making sure sendmail doesn't relay mail), and more frequently.

> > Are you losing block sync, or are you just losing your DHCP lease?
>
> I'm not sure. The lights on the cablemodem have been steady, if that says
> anything. My address changed a couple times, but it keeps going back to
> the same address shortly after changing.

Are you always getting a 24.xxx.xxx.xxx address, or do you find yourself
getting a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx (adapter default) address? You might try
powering the modem on and off to clear things up, even if you _do_ have
block synch.

Niall Kavanagh, niall at kst.com
News, articles, and resources for web professionals and developers:
http://www.kst.com

-