[BLU] Re: More MediaOne woes

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, John Abreau wrote:

> I'm not sure. The lights on the cablemodem have been steady, if that says
> anything. My address changed a couple times, but it keeps going back to
> the same address shortly after changing.

OOooooh! Heap bad mojo!  Either the scripts are trying to do stuff they
don't have permissions to do (unlikely), or MediaOne's DHCP server is
royally confused.

Have you checked the support page to see if there are any reported
problems in your area?

In the meantime, I would at lease up the verbosity of the dhcp client and
chuck the output into a separate file.  It shouldn't even be trying to
renew very often (I think it's every 60 hours or something like that).

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  Intelligence is knowing how to build a nuclear bomb.
DK KD  Wisdom is knowing how not to need them.
DDDD                              Shaggy 2 Dope- Insane Clown Posse
       happy kwaanzannukah-mas-stice!

-