Content Management?

> So I'm trying to convince some friends in a startup that open software and
> Linux will save them much (time/money/heartache) as they get up and running.
> The question of content management has come up.  They naturally lean toward
> something like Interwoven, which can easily cost a few hundred thousand
> dollars (depending on licensing).  Meanwhile I go to freshmeat, and "content
> management" search shows 50 hits.  I don't really have time to adequately
> evaluate all 50 of those, does anybody have any recommendations that I could
> float to the top of the list?  The primary features that they need are version
> control, some form of workflow, and an XML friendly environment.  They'd also
> like the ability to use templates to put together several hunks of content at
> once, but that would be the last on the list.

I am currently starting to evaluate ZOPE

	http://www.zope.org

>From the information that I've gathered, it implements WebDAV, which is
a protocol to do exactly what you want (content management & version control).
I believe that the MS Winblows webfolders use the WebDAV protocol somehow.

ZOPE is more than just WebDAV, but exactly what it is is what I hope to
discover in my evaluation.

Anyway, you can also search on WebRFM which is a perl CGI script which
implements a class-1 WebDAV server/protocol.

-