network card

First,
I know that you have a Netgear PCI card and a 3Com ISA card.
Use the dmesg command to find out if your kernel has recognized both cards.
Make sure both cards are supported.
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Net-HOWTO/
3Com 3c501 - `avoid like the plague'' (3c501 driver)
     3Com 3c503 (3c503 driver), 3c505 (3c505 driver), 3c507 (3c507 driver),
3c509/3c509B (ISA) / 3c579 (EISA)
     3Com Etherlink III Vortex Ethercards (3c590, 3c592, 3c595, 3c597)
(PCI), 3Com Etherlink XL Boomerang (3c900, 3c905) (PCI) and Cyclone
     (3c905B, 3c980) Ethercards (3c59x driver) and 3Com Fast EtherLink
Ethercard (3c515) (ISA) (3c515 driver)

You should have the drivers installed for both your PCI and your ISA card.
Consult the Net howto. There is also a Networking overview
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Networking-Overview-HOWTO.html

On Linux, drivers can be loaded as modules. Once you have found that the
kernel has recognized the cards on startup (actually when transitioning to
multi-user mode), then you should be able to assign the appropriate IP
addresses or DHCP to the cards using Linuxconf or netconfig.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group

-