FTP install of RH...

If you already have a linux box on your net that can serve http is grab
the iso image from RH--on a T1 it ought to take about 74min to download
(funny that a T1 is about the same speed as a 1X CDROM)  Then you can
mount the iso image as a filesystem on the existing linux box and create
an http document directory to point to it.  RH's site is pretty swamped,
and thus somewhat unreliable as an install medium.  You also only have to
do the download once, and then you have everything you need.

Now that I think about it, you have a CDROM, since you were trying to get
the CDROM drive working.  Just mount that on some box on your net and
serve it using http.  Did it yesterday for the exact same reasons you are
trying to get it going.  Ethernet is way better than T1.  I'm in a rush,
or I'd give more detail.

Dave

-