Slave is Main HDD

Billy SG McCarthy wrote:

> I've got 2 HDD in my computer, running RH6.2 on the
> slave, and Win98 on the master.  For some reason my
> computer refuses to allow the RH drive to be the
> master (despite the fact that it's the newer drive,
> and a new MB).
>
> I want to boot RH as my main OS and I'm unsure how to
> deal with this situation.

As Jerry Feldman pointed out, you can probably change the jumper
settings on the drives to make the one with Red Hat the main drive.

But if you can't, all is not lost. You can also install LILO on the boot
sector of the main drive, and boot Red Hat from the second drive. Yes,
that works just fine, though it's a trick that Microsoft boot loaders
can't manage. LILO can also boot from partitions in an extended
partition.
-