Can't access remote machine anymore

Maybe SSHD stopped running.  I was at SANS last week and they recomended
running an SSHD on the "regular" port, port 22, but also putting SSHD in
inetd.conf on some other port in case the "regular" SSHD fails, inetd.conf
will start one up for you.  It is not usually run from inetd because it can
take a few seconds to start the daemon and that is usually unacceptable, but
in this type of emergency type case, where you would have to drive to the
machine, it is better than nothing.  ;-)  Hope this helps you Phil.

	Shel

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 08:58:18AM -0500, Phil Buckley wrote:
> Anyone have any ideas why I can't get to a machine today, that I could get to yesterday?
>
> I administer a machine remotely for a friend of mine (RH6.2). I check in on it each morning via ssh. Everything has been fine for the past few months, but then this morning - "Unable to connect"
>
> I can still pick up mail on it, and ftp is available, and apache is up and running...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Phil Buckley
>
> -

 / |  '     \   | |"""""""""|      	Sheldon M. Dubrowin
    /  \-'~;      |""""""""|		dubrowin at yahoo.com
   /  __/~| ._-""||        |         	www.shelnet.org