(FWD)linux, cable modem, and RCN

As I said, pump _just worked_ for me with RCN.  The installers come,
plug everything in, and then they turn the stuff on.  They wait a
couple minutes for everything to sync up.  They may call back to the
home office to make sure stuff is turned on.  Then you plug-in, "turn
on your machine" (e.g.  run pump), and you should be on the net.  Just
do this part yourself and ask them what they want to test.  Generally
you can prove you're on the net by going to some web page (or pinging
something).

Also, pump logs to daemon.* so you probably want to put this in
syslog.conf:

daemon.debug		/var/log/debug.log

-derek

-