SuSE lays off much of its US staff

I'm not sure if this was posted to the BLU list, but SuSE laid off much of
its US staff. Essentially, they have modified their business plan to make
the US operaiton proftable by the end of this year rather than 2002 as
had been established in their previous business plan. However, IMHO,
SuSE and Red Hat will remain as major players after some of the other
distributions depart the scene. I'm sure that Slackware and Debian will
remain, and possibly Mandrake.
http://www.linuxgram.com/newsitem.phtml?sid=109&aid=11712
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director